Monday, December 3, 2012

The Evolution of the Fractured Fairfax Logo

Here's the original Fractured Fairfax logo:


Actually, it's not the original, original Fractured Fairfax logo. That one had a slightly different pattern of lines, but I was unhappy with it because it looked like tiger stripes rather than cracks. When I redrew it, the old one went to the great bitbucket in the sky.

I used this logo for about the first year of Fractured Fairfax, but I was increasingly unhappy with it. Finally, I broke down and created this version last month:

It's better, because the outline of Fairfax County is actually broken up (fractured, even!). I've used this logo for about a week or so, but the problem is that when it was shrunken down, the words seemed too small. So I left it alone with the idea that I'd know better what changes were needed after a "cooling off" period.

Finally, I came back to it and made a few color changes and made the text bigger, so here's the new new Fractured Fairfax logo:
I'm still not 100% happy with it, so I imagine before too long we'll see the new new new Fractured Fairfax logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment