Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fixes and Changes to the Fractured Fairfax Forums

I've made the following fixes and changes to the Fractured Fairfax forums:

  1. Fixed the problem where the buttons in the editor didn't work if you were using Firefox 16+. This was particularly annoying, but it was a pretty easy fix once I found the patch on the MyBB Web site.
  2. Removed the link to the forum calendar from the forum header. I'd disabled the calendar anyway, so all clicking on the calendar link did was take you to a page telling you that the calendar had been disabled, which was kind of annoying and useless.
  3. Added a new "Announcements" forum. I added a new read-only forum for news and announcements for the Fractured Fairfax forums.
The Fractured Fairfax forums also had their first spambot registrations: two of them, in fact! I deleted the accounts, but this has got me thinking as to what other changes I'm going to have to make to protect the forums from spambots.

I also think I'd like to make some changes to the formatting and layout of the forums to make them look a little more like the Fractured Fairfax wiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment